Here I go again… I ran.. I hid… I tried to escape… I tried camouflage too. I told him I am too boring. But alas… Lo and behold… Unexpectedly he nominated me.. You ask: so many have nominated me, why haven’t I done those awards… Hmmm… Hmmm yet more hmmm… I have no answer…
Maybe because he asked me so sweetly, and he sounded genuinely interested in my answers…. So I said, why not.. I plan to do this real fast..
Oh yeah, you ask me who is he?? He is Anindya, someone whom I have met in my recent turbulent times. He asked me a question on things I had faced on Facebook due to me being an Indian, and I didn’t realise that he listened with both with his ears and his heart. He really did, he was disturbed, and a post was born. Do check out his blog and his post.
Now on to this award…
Meaning of Liebster
The word Liebster is derived from German meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, and the like. This award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. I’m thankful to Anindya for giving me this opportunity to motivate fellow bloggers, to encourage them to continue the good work, irrespective of the size of their audience.
- Thank the person who has nominated you
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 5-11 blogs, let them know about the nomination
- Ask them 11 questions
Anindya, did I thank you already?? Can you consider yourself thanked?? Oh, I am being funny… But thank you for the nomination.
Now the questions
Set 1 (why does this feel like an exam question paper? I am on the path of exam nightmares tonight)
What inspired you to start blogging?
Actually, nothing and nobody. I clicked on some link it took me to WordPress. WordPress decided I should be a part of it, very lovingly asked me to make an account, and become a part of it. And like a loyal disciple, I followed it blindly. By the time, I awoke from my haze, I had a blog site…. My o my, now I had to write a blog post. I wrote hello to myself and shut off my phone. Yes, you guessed it.. I didn’t have a laptop.. Didn’t have one for 5 years, till I bought it a few months ago.
What is the best thing you love about your home city?
Oh.. what do I mention here, the traffic, the crowd, the population, the dirtiness, the bad roads, the floods, the useless Skywalk, the monorail.. Oh man, so many choices.. What do I choose… Oh Anindya, what a delightful question…
But, in spite of all the above problems, I like the resilience of Mumbaites. We manage to find our happiness even in these day-to-day problems.
What are the types of music you usually listen to?
Old hindi songs, romantic ones with great lyrics of Kishore Kumar, R. D Burman and Asha Bhosale. I was brought up on these songs and I find myself turning to them in my periods of stress or happiness.
Who will be my dream date on any day of the year?
The answer would ideally be a King. But since Kings are a myth, then it would have to be Raj from the iconic hindi movie dilwale dulhaniya le jayenge.
My dream date would be a man who treats me with love and respect (and the attraction between us is an inferno😉) — still waiting for such a man.
I thought the third option would be real, but this also is sounding more and more like a myth. Sighhhh!
Kindle or hardcover/paperbacks?
Anything, I am not fastidious about it. I have bought a kindle as it does not strain my eyes, I can increase the font. But I pretty much can read from anything: kindle, phone, real books.
Set 2 questions
What’s your favorite colour and why?
Dark Blue and shades of blue in summer and black in winter. Because my mirror tells me I look damn beautiful in blue and black.
It’s too hot in Mumbai to wear black in hot humid summer.
Pinterest, Twitter or Facebook for blogging, which is your most favorite?
None, they are all virtual world. Nothing is real on the internet. There are fake profiles, fake people, and fake posts. Very rarely, very few are real and genuine. For blogging, I would prefer WordPress, as at least here, the posts require writing, so all bloggers are educated. I have had rotten experience on Facebook, no idea what Pinterest is, and I hardly tweet, I still find it confusing.
I like the real world most days, with real people…
Have you visited India?
No, never. I believe I don’t have to visit India as I stay in Mumbai, India (sorry, Anindya, trying my hand in humour, is it working??)
For those who have visited, and who have lived in India, favorite destination?
Surprisingly, I like Mumbai where I live. But I would like to visit Munnar, Kerala.
Can you ever think of leaving blogging??
Yes, I can. Blogging is nice, it is fun, but it is not essential for me to survive. As a fellow blogger, Boss Luffy knows (he is so getting nominated now) I hardly write or share my personal thoughts. Only when emotions hit me, I pen down my words, and those posts remain in the draft category till I remember to publish them…
Nothing is essential to me except my family and my loved ones…
My turn to ask questions: fee fie fo fum, let me go for some real one
- Alfred Lord Tennyson says it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all – what do you believe and why?
- What’s your favorite song??
- Whom would you marry/or be in a relationship with: someone whom you love but he/she doesn’t love you or someone who loves you but you don’t love him/her
- What is your favorite past time/hobby in the real world (and no, blogging cannot be your answer, internet is nonexistent for this answer)
- What’s your favorite comfort food?
- If you find true love outside your committed relationship, would you commit infidelity, emotional and/or physical??
- What’s your favorite tipple/ drink? Alcoholic / non alcoholic
- Do you say things just for the heck of saying things, or do you mean your words?? Answer honestly, as there are no judgements here. Real life is pretty tough and challenging.
- Which part of the globe are you from and what is the weather like at this moment? I would like to know the temperature in Celsius/ Fahrenheit too.
- What would be your favourite revenge if your partner has betrayed you or hurt you badly? You can go all out in your imagination with this.
- Long distance online relationship with one true love with no chance of meeting ever or a real physical relationship in real world but no true love – what would you prefer? And why?
- After answering all these questions honestly, would you like to be nominated by me for future awards with such well thought of questions?? This is an optional question…
My nominations (the toughest part)
- Boss Luffy
- My Jeni Girl
- Helsinki Budapest
And anyone who would like to answer my lovely, easy questions, consider yourself nominated, and ping me back with your links.
Anindya, would you like to do this award again, with my set of questions???
Doing this award is a choice. My questions are pretty different, I know that, so no compulsion… Good luck..