I was tagged by Shaz to do the This Is My Genre Book Tag! Thank you for tagging me!
Credit for this tag goes entirely to Drew, The Tattooed Book Geek.
- Answer the questions.
- Tag as many people as you want.
1. What is your favorite genre?
At this point, I don’t have a favorite genre. Now I find myself veering towards different genre. But the main genre which has been my backup during off moods is Thriller/ Suspense
2. Who is your favorite author from that genre
Always and forever, Matthew Reilly
3. What is it about that genre that keeps pulling you back
The thrillers, the suspense and the intrigue in them which causes the adrenaline rush, the heightened color, the increased pulse rate, the gasps. The fire that burns in my blood to know the truth, to get to the end. The way the thrillers grip me and make me forget realities if life, and the way my brain becomes totally focused on the book makes me a total junkie for this book – the rush!!
4. What is the book that started your love for the genre?
Robin Cook’s Coma, Fever
Arthur Hailey’s Final Diagnosis
I was given both the books together
5. If you have to recommend one book from your favorite genre to a non-reader, someone looking to start reading that genre, what book would you choose and why?
I hate recommending books
For medical thrillers I would recommend above
For courtroom thrillers Compelling Evidence by Steve Martini
For dark side of humanity cop with psychologist Blood Test by Jonathan Kellerman
Pure adventurous thriller with a bit of sci-fi The Contest by Matthew Reilly
Pure underwater and above ground adventure Sahara by Clive Cussler though I liked the older book by him too Raise the Titanic
6. Why do you read?
The same reason I breathe
And anyone else who wants to do this tag
I love The Contest by Matthew Reilly